Thomas J. Hutchison
Tom Hutchison is a shareholder in GableGotwals’ business and transactional group. His practice includes a wide range of transactional matters, including corporate finance, mergers and acquisitions, energy and natural resources, securities/capital markets, joint ventures and corporate governance. Tom has particular expertise advising financial institutions and borrowers on complex lending transactions and loan workouts. Tom has been selected as a Rising Star by Oklahoma Super Lawyers every year since 2011.
Tom is graduate of Dartmouth College and the University of Oklahoma College of Law. He is a member of the American Bar Association, Oklahoma Bar Association, and the Tulsa County Bar Association, where he has served as the chairperson of the TCBA’s Corporate Counsel Section. His civic and community activities include serving on the Board of Directors for the Community Food Bank of Eastern Oklahoma and as a member and as chairperson for the George M. Sutton Avian Research Center’s “Wild Brew” event committee. Tom is also an alumnus of Leadership Tulsa (Class 50).
Tom’s recent experience includes:
- Representing borrowers and lenders in bilateral and syndicated lending transactions ranging from under $1 million to in excess of $2 billion, including the following:
- Serving as lead counsel to the agent bank in the negotiation and documentation of a $120 million dollar revolving credit facility for a domestic manufacturer of industrial combustion and related equipment, including a domestic facility secured by domestic receivables and an export facility secured by export-related receivables guaranteed by the Export-Import Bank of the United States.
- Serving as lead counsel to the agent bank in the negotiation and documentation of a $250 million syndicated cross-border credit facility to publicly traded energy/industrial engineering and fabrication company, including swingline, letter of credit and foreign currency sub-facilities. The credit facility was secured by collateral in multiple states and Canada.
- Advising financial institution in the creation of a Native American gaming loan portfolio, including representing the client in multiple loans to various tribal gaming agencies and tribal gaming entities to be used for general working capital and/or capital expenditures and secured by a pledge of gaming revenues.
- Lead counsel to financial institution in multiple real estate financing transactions (including acquisition and construction loans) with an aggregate value in excess of $150 million over a 12-month period.
- Representation of ONEOK, Inc. in connection with its $2.5 billion revolving credit facility entered into in connection with its acquisition of all limited partnership units in ONEOK Partners, L.P. that it did not previously own.
- Representation of WPX Energy, Inc. in connection with $1.5 billion senior unsecured revolving credit facility.
- Representation of Native American tribe in connection with syndicated credit facility providing for revolving and term loans in an aggregate amount of $175 million.
- Review and negotiation of commodity and interest rate ISDA forms and intercreditor agreements for financial institutions and end users.
- Representation of financial institutions and borrowers in connection with negotiation and issuance of letters of credit.
- Representation of Unit Corporation in connection with its $100,000,000 at-the-market equity program in April of 2017.
- Representation of ONEOK, Inc. and ONEOK Partners, L.P. in multiple public offerings of debt and equity.
- Representation of Mid-Con Energy Partners, LP, in its initial public offering of common units representing limited partner interests, including preparation of registration statement on Form S-1, formation of new limited partnership and general partner entities, structure of public offering, NASDAQ listing, and associated due diligence.
- Representation of publicly traded companies in connection with periodic reporting obligations and filings under the Securities Exchange Act of 1934.
- Representation of non-profit hospitals and universities in tax exempt bond issuances ranging from $30 million to $200 million.
- Representing healthcare real estate investment fund in entity formation and private placement of limited partner units.
- Representation of publicly traded and privately held E&P companies in acquisitions and divestures, including most recently serving as lead counsel to private-equity backed E&P company in $30 million acquisition of leasehold acreage.
- Advised stockholders/management of privately held lumber wholesale business in recapitalization whereby private equity firm acquired substantially all of the sellers’ assets for consideration consisting of cash purchase price and phantom equity rights for management.
- Advising major health care system in connection with tax free reorganization and consolidation of various subsidiaries.
- Representation of professional service providers in practice acquisitions (including outside buyers and internal buyers for succession planning purposes), including physician groups, public accounting firms, architecture firms, engineering firms and law firms.
- Representation of 50% shareholder in sale of home health care business.
- Representation of major health system and physician group in formation of oncology joint venture and venture financing.
- Represented shareholders of privately held heat exchange designer in sale of business to strategic buyer.
- Represented sellers in asset sale involving two assisted living facilities.
- Advising early-stage start-ups on formation, capital structure and equity compensation and ownership.