John D. Dale
John D. Dale is a shareholder in GableGotwals’ Tulsa office and is the Chairman and CEO of the Firm. John is licensed in Oklahoma and Texas and advises clients on various business issues, including mergers and acquisitions, commercial and contract matters, and commercial bankruptcy matters. John has extensive experience in the area of bankruptcy and credit/debtor rights in chapter 11 and chapter 7 cases. His practice also includes commercial loans and documentation, workouts, loan enforcement and foreclosures. In addition to John’s transactional and banking practices, he maintains an active construction and real estate development (including eminent domain) practice by representing owners, general contractors and subcontractors with respect to various construction related disputes and energy (including wind) companies during their planning and construction of projects and litigation related to the same.
John has received a Martindale-Hubbell AV rating by his peers and been named as a Super Lawyer and a Best Lawyer for Bankruptcy and Creditor/Debtor Rights Insolvency and Reorganization Law Litigation—Bankruptcy and Business/Corporate. John is a member of the American Bar Association, American Bankruptcy Institute, Oklahoma Bar Association, Texas Bar Association and Tulsa County Bar Association.
John’s recent experience includes:
Transactional (mergers and acquisitions) and Bankruptcy
- Representation of midstream energy service company in its $28 million acquisition of a pipeline system.
- Representation of oil and gas company in a $5 million transaction related to the contribution of assets to a publicly traded oil and gas company.
- Representation of oil and gas company in its $3.8 million sale of assets to a publicly traded company.
- Lead counsel to investors in their sale of two home health care businesses for approximately $14 million.
- Lead counsel in creating a joint venture for out-patient oncology services in Northeastern Oklahoma having a market value of approximately $70 million.
- Lead counsel to largest secured creditor in chapter 11 bankruptcy in Houston for the simultaneous purchase and sale of a gas to liquids facilities for approximately $28 million.
- Served as chapter 11 counsel to debtor-in-possession in all aspects of chapter 11 proceeding and confirmation of chapter 11 plan of reorganization paying approximately 90% of unsecured claims and restructuring the company’s approximate $70 million credit facility.
- Representation of secured lender in chapter 11 proceedings related to its $33 million credit facility.
- Representation of lender in connection with a $13.1 million credit facility.
- Representation of lender in the workout of a $14 million credit facility secured by, among other things, oil and gas interests.
- Representation of participating bank in the workout of a $28 million credit facility.
- Representation of lender in approximate $40 million credit facility for purposes of borrower purchasing assets through a chapter 11, Section 363 sale.
- Representation of lender in approximate $11 million credit facility for purposes of borrower purchasing assets through a chapter 11, Section 363 sale.
- Representation of two energy companies for purposes of acquiring permanent easements for underground gas storage facilities, including commencing and prosecuting condemnation actions.
- Representation of energy company in federal condemnation action for portion of approximate 337-mile interstate pipeline located in Oklahoma, pursuant to Fed. R. Civ. P. 71.1 and the Natural Gas Act, 15 U.S.C § 717f. Representation included negotiating acquisition of rights-of-way, sending final demand letters, title work and commencing and prosecuting one condemnation action against approximately 40 tracts of real estate.
- Representation of energy company related to a new, approximate 50-mile, refined petroleum pipeline. Engagement included advising and assisting client on certain permitting and licensing requirements, corresponding with the Bureau of Indian Affairs related to restricted Native American lands, negotiating and acquiring permanent easements, title work, and commencing and prosecuting approximately 50 condemnation actions.
- Currently represents several energy companies related to counseling and advising as to pre-construction and pre-condemnation matters related to potential pipeline projects in Oklahoma and Texas (interstate and intrastate).