Rob F. Robertson
Rob F. Robertson is a shareholder in the Oklahoma City office of GableGotwals. He has more than 30 years of experience in litigation in state and federal courts and before administrative agencies. His practice primarily consists of complex litigation and trial work in a wide variety of areas, including representation of energy companies, financial institutions, and commercial real estate owners in various commercial and business tort disputes. Rob has also actively represented energy companies before the Oklahoma Corporation Commission for several years on matters ranging from environmental complaints to public utility ratemaking cases to environmental complaints. Throughout his career, he has also represented secured lenders and other creditors in commercial foreclosure, loan enforcement, lender liability, and bankruptcy and insolvency matters.
Prior to joining the Firm in 1996, Rob was a partner in the law firm of Mock, Schwabe, Waldo, Elder, Reeves & Bryant. In 2009, he was elected to the Board of Directors at GableGotwals and is actively involved in running the Firm as a business.
Since Rob’s admission to practice law in 1987, he has received many honors, including being named as one of The Best Lawyers in America and as an Oklahoma Super Lawyer. He is admitted to practice in the Eastern, Northern and Western Districts of Oklahoma, the U.S. Bankruptcy Courts for the Western and Eastern Districts of Oklahoma, the Oklahoma Supreme Court, the Tenth Circuit Court of Appeals, and the United States Supreme Court.
Rob’s recent experience includes:
- Successful defense of major energy company in two-week state court jury trial in which qui tam plaintiffs sought judgment in excess of $10 million.
- Obtained multi-million dollar judgment in federal court trial for major energy company for breach of oil and gas asset purchase and sale agreement.
- Obtained final order from federal court after five-day evidentiary hearing denying class certification on behalf of a putative class of royalty owners against an operator for alleged underpayment of natural gas royalties.
- Defense of federal and state class actions and state qui tam claims against major energy companies.
- Environmental litigation involving historical oil and gas exploration and production sites, as well as midstream and downstream pipeline, processing, and refining facilities.
- Commercial foreclosures, defense of lender liability claims and litigation and resolution of related bankruptcy and insolvency issues.
- Litigation of disputes involving a variety of natural gas and other midstream contracts.