|Jeff Hassell is a shareholder in the Tulsa office of GableGotwals where he has practiced law since 1987 except for nearly three years as outside and in-house general counsel of The F&M Bank & Trust Company. He advises various businesses, financial institutions, and individual and corporate trustees, in all in business and commercial matters such as mergers and acquisitions, real estate, corporate governance, commercial finance, project development, project finance, loan workouts, entity structure, business reorganizations, commercial contracts, executive compensation, and shareholder relations.|
Jeff’s practice also includes legal consultation to large and small companies on transactions of all types, and to banks on lending, compliance, and governance matters. He also represents parties to commercial loan documentation and workouts, purchase and sale transactions involving both real and personal property, and formation of joint ventures. Various businesses look to Jeff for general counsel guidance, such as business planning and company structure advice. Individuals, trustees, and foundations consult with Jeff on many types of legal and business matters.
He has won many honors, including being named as one of the top 50 lawyers in Oklahoma by Super Lawyers, and also named as a Best Lawyer in banking and finance, corporate law, bankruptcy and creditor-debtor rights.
Jeff is currently chair of the Oklahoma Bar Association Business and Corporate Law section. He has also been very involved in a variety of community organizations – he is past president of the Rotary Club of Tulsa, currently president of the Committee of One Hundred – Tulsa, and a board member for Tulsa Symphony Orchestra.
Jeff’s recent experience includes representation of:
- Tribal-related gaming enterprise in regard to its syndicated $300 million credit facility.
- Lender to the first entity to develop a casino in Arkansas.
- Midstream oil and gas company in the formation of a joint venture to construct a refined products terminal.
- Bank in the documentation of a loan secured by properties in Texas, North Carolina, South Carolina and Georgia.
- Sellers of stock in a bank holding company.
- Local company in the purchase and development of new facilities near Austin, Texas and El Paso, Texas.
- Purchaser of stock in a local company that manufactures valves and other equipment used in energy and other industrial facilities.
- Lender in a $43 million loan to a radio broadcasting company with operations in six states.
- Midstream oil and gas company in a $1.4 billion transaction involving ownership interests in a crude oil pipeline joint venture.
- Midstream company in the $195 million purchase of an interest in a gas pipeline joint venture.
- Lender in the replacement financing for Patriot Golf Club.
- Multi-state telecommunications company in a recapitalization involving a new private equity shareholder.
- Lender in a $400 million working capital facility.
- Lender in a construction loan for a sports and recreation facility.
- Midstream company in the formation of a joint venture for a marine terminal at the Houston ship channel.
- Professional athlete in matters involving various business and charitable interests.
- Tenant in regard to the lease of over 100,000 square feet of office space and a parking garage.
- Midstream companies in the formation and restructure of joint ventures for a Texas crude oil pipeline and a Wisconsin gas pipeline.
- Landlord in regard to a ground lease for a new retail shopping center.
- Developer of a senior living community in Fayetteville, Arkansas.
- Lender to a company engaged in the purchase, sale and blending of gasoline.
- Type III supporting organization as to all its legal matters, including board compensation, required distributions and charitable giving matters.