Richard B. Noulles
Rick Noulles is a shareholder in the Tulsa office of GableGotwals. He has more than 40 years of legal experience primarily representing major and independent oil and gas companies. Rick’s practice includes defense of class action litigation and other complex commercial litigation. He also represents individuals and other entities in commercial litigation.
Rick’s recent experience includes the defense of oil and gas royalty class action lawsuits, the defense of state severance tax actions against oil and gas companies, the defense of adverse title claims to producing oil and gas properties, handling disputes over operator rights on oil and gas properties, and representation of the beneficial interest owner of nearly $1 billion in oil and gas assets in several lawsuits relating to the beneficially held assets.
Rick has been involved in a variety of community organizations, including service as President of the Gatesway Foundation for developmentally disabled individuals.
Rick’s recent experience includes:
- Co-counsel on trial team that obtained a unanimous verdict from an Oklahoma jury in favor of an oil and gas company in defense of a gas royalty claim in which the plaintiffs sought more than $100 million in actual and punitive damages
- Represented oil and gas company in defense of multi-million dollar interest claim on drainage award. Obtained favorable decision by trial court which was affirmed on appeal by Oklahoma Supreme Court
- Represented several major and independent oil and gas companies in defense of multiple class action suits by royalty owners
- Represented major oil and gas companies in defense of multiple severance tax claims by Oklahoma Tax Commission
- Represented major oil and gas company in defense of multi-million dollar adverse title claim on producing properties; obtained summary judgment which was also affirmed on appeal (Okla. Ct. Civ. App.)
- Represented oil and gas company in dispute over claim to overriding royalty interest on several thousand acres of Bakken Shale leases; judgment in favor of client obtained in District Court (U.S.D.C. – N. D. Okla.) and affirmed on appeal (U.S.C.A. – 10th Cir.)
- Key member of team representing oil and gas company in billion dollar plus dispute over ownership of oil & gas properties; preliminary injunction obtained ordering transfer of all properties to client (U.S.D.C N.D. Okla.) and affirmed on appeal (U.S.C.A. – 10th Cir.)