Amy M. Stipe
Amy Stipe is a shareholder in the Oklahoma City office of GableGotwals. Her civil litigation practice includes work in the areas of class actions, complex contracts, business torts, insurance bad faith, oil and gas, and labor and employment. She represents large and small companies, assisting with their business, energy, and employment litigation needs. She also has experience with lender liability and aviation matters.
Amy is a Director and President of the Firm. She is also an American Bar Foundation Fellow, an Oklahoma Bar Foundation Fellow and she has served on the Oklahoma County Bar Association’s Young Lawyers Division Task Force. In addition, Amy served as Chairperson of the Oklahoma Bar Association’s Mineral Law Section, President of the Mineral Lawyers Society of Oklahoma City, and was a master in the William J. Holloway, Jr. American Inn of Court. Amy has been named as a Top 250 Women in Litigation and Local Litigation Star by Benchmark Litigation, selected as a Super Lawyers’ Rising Star, and is named in Best Lawyers in America.
Amy has given presentations on legal issues to various groups, including the University of Oklahoma College of Law, the Mineral Lawyers Society of Oklahoma City, and the Women Entrepreneurs INSPIRE Conference. Amy has also served on the planning committees for the Rocky Mountain Mineral Law Institute and the Eugene Kuntz Conference on Natural Resources Law and Policy, where she also served as the program moderator.
Amy is also very committed to serving others in her community by volunteering her legal services for Oklahoma Lawyers for Children and by her by volunteering for the Edmond Boy Scouts Troop 121, Cub Scouts Pack 341, and the Girl Scouts Troop 951.
Amy’s recent experience includes:
- Won a jury trial in Brazos County, Texas (Bryan-College Station), obtaining a verdict of more than $4 million in contract damages for our clients.
- Represented a large retailer in numerous employment related class actions across the nation
- Tried an insurance bad faith case in federal court, representing an insurance company
- Tried a civil contempt case in state court
- Represented a property management company in a class action
- Tried a groundwater pollution case in federal court, representing an oil and gas company
- Tried an arbitration matter involving a dispute between two financial institutions
- Represented airplane manufacturers in airplane crash cases
- Represented an energy company in a pipeline strike case
- Tried an arbitration matter involving a contract dispute