Steven J. Adams
Steve Adams is a Shareholder in the Tulsa office of GableGotwals. He is a former Oklahoma District Court judge (1987 to 1993) and since 1993, has worked as a trial lawyer in complex civil litigation in state and federal courts and before regulatory bodies. Steve brings wide-ranging experience in civil matters, including class actions, energy, insurance, environmental law, and commercial law.
Steve currently serves as a member of the Oklahoma Supreme Court Committee for Uniform Civil Jury Instructions and as a member of the Board of Directors for the Tulsa Port of Catoosa Port Authority. He is a former Adjunct Professor of Law at The University of Tulsa College of Law where he taught evidence and pre-trial practice. He is the former chair of the Tulsa County Bar Association Litigation Section, a former governor of the Oklahoma Bar Association Board of Governors, and a former member of the Oklahoma Bar Foundation Board of Trustees.
- Class actions including claims regarding oil and gas royalties, health insurance, property damage, and groundwater contamination.
- Indemnity agreements and contract rights of energy producers and midstream companies.
- Right of way acquisition and condemnation litigation
- Stockholder derivative claims arising from sales of stock, assets and subsidiary entities.
- Catastrophic injury claims arising from oil field operations.
- Surface and subsurface damage claims arising from energy production and operations.
- Claims originating in energy joint development and operations agreements, aggregate mining and development agreements, and insurance contracts.