Todd A. Nelson
Todd Nelson is a shareholder in the Tulsa office of GableGotwals. With more than two decades of experience, Todd’s legal practice includes intellectual property, business transactions and related litigation.
His intellectual property and business practice encompasses trademark prosecution/procurement and patent, trademark, copyright and trade secret litigation, including opposition and cancellation proceedings before the Trademark Trial & Appeal Board. Todd also negotiates and drafts licenses and other business agreements. In his business and IP litigation practice, he has handled a broad range of complex business issues and litigated cases in numerous different U.S. District Courts.
Todd is a member of the Oklahoma Bar Association’s Intellectual Property Law Section and served in numerous leadership roles, including President, Vice President, Secretary/Treasurer, Tulsa District Director, and Innovator of the year Chair. He is an Oklahoma Bar Foundation Fellow and a former Barrister with the Luther L. Bohanon Chapter of the American Inns of Court.
Todd is a member of Leadership Tulsa’s Class 37 and serves the community as a member of the Philbrook Museum of Art Masters Society and Kiowa Historical Society.
Todd’s Recent Experience:
Intellectual Property and Business Litigation examples include representation of:
- Lighting systems company with regard patent infringement in multiple suits relating to LED lighting technology
- Outdoor and leisure products manufacturers in multiple suits relating to patents, trademarks, copyrights and trade dress, as well as trademark opposition and cancellation proceedings
- State university in copyright suit and suits relating to trademarks and trade dress, as well as opposition proceedings
- Firearm products company in patent suit relating to recoil system
- Cable connector manufacturer in multiple suits relating to utility patents and advertising issues
- Pump manufacturer in multiple suits relating to utility patents for pumps and basins
- Fishing products company in multiple suits relating to utility patents for fishing lures and suits relating to trademarks and trade dress, as well as cancellation proceedings
- One of the largest national banks and predecessor banks in class action and other related bondholder litigation spanning more than a decade