Ellen A. Adams
Ellen A. Adams is a shareholder in the Oklahoma City office of GableGotwals. Her practice primarily consists of defending corporate and individual clients in a wide variety of complex business litigation in state and federal courts, with an emphasis on employment law. In addition to her litigation practice, Ellen counsels and advises clients on developing policies, procedures, and training; responding to complaints; handling investigations; and other employment matters.
Ellen’s experience has earned her recognition as a Rising Star in Super Lawyers and a Labor & Employment Star in Benchmark Litigation. She is often requested to speak on topics of concern in the areas of employment law and general civil litigation. Her recent speaking engagements include topics such as ADA compliance, sexual harassment, and medical marijuana in the workplace. Ellen has also presented at the EEOC TAP’s Conference on GINA (Genetic Information Nondiscrimination Act), Oklahoma Human Resources Conference and Expo, and the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission’s Oklahoma City Technical Assistance Seminar. In addition to participating in a variety of professional organizations, Ellen has also been involved in several community organizations over the years, including the Down Syndrome Association of Central Oklahoma (DSACO).
Ellen’s recent experience includes:
- Successfully defending an employer against claims of sexual harassment and discrimination, resulting in a total dismissal.
- Successfully defending an employer against a purported collective action for systemic age discrimination.
- Updating client policies to address employer impacts of state-sanctioned marijuana programs
- Successfully defending a claim for unpaid wages in excess of $200,000, resulting in a total dismissal.
- Successfully resolving claims against a Fortune 500 company for alleged violations of Title VII, Section 1981, the ADA/ADAAA, and the ADEA.
- Providing advice and counsel on internal investigations, policy review, and related compliance concerns to employers and managers.