Labor & Employment Law
GableGotwals’ labor and employment group represents employers in all aspects of employment and human resources law. We strive to provide the best, most effective, and efficient representation possible to meet the specific expectations and needs of each client. Many of our practice area attorneys have been recognized by Oklahoma Super Lawyers and Best Lawyers in America for their work in employment law and employee benefits.
Attorneys in this group regularly represent employers in such diverse areas as:
- Counseling employers on a day-to-day basis with respect to employment-related issues, providing training to management and HR professionals, and otherwise working with employers to ensure compliance with applicable laws and regulations to avoid or minimize the risk of employment-related litigation, disputes or violations.
- Auditing, drafting, reviewing and updating employment contracts, policies, and handbooks, drug and alcohol testing policies, and various other types of policies and programs, to ensure compliance with applicable laws and regulations and to accomplish the specific needs of clients.
- Drafting documentation and providing assistance with respect to reductions-in-force, workplace investigations, terminations and other types of employment-related actions and programs to ensure compliance with applicable laws and regulations.
- Representing employers in the defense of investigations and charges before the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, Oklahoma Office of Civil Rights, Office of Federal Contract Compliance, Occupational Safety and Health Administration and the Department of Labor.
- Representing employers in the defense of litigation involving state and federal discrimination and equal employment opportunity laws of all types, including disputes alleging discrimination, harassment or retaliation on the basis of age, race, religion, gender, disability, national origin, sexual orientation or preference, and pregnancy, and other types of disputes alleging unlawful employment practices.
- Representing employers in the defense of claims alleging entitlement to unpaid wages or overtime and for other alleged violations of state and federal wage and hour laws.
- Representing employers in the defense of claims alleging violations of the Employee Retirement Income Security Act (ERISA), including claims for pension, severance, and other employment benefits, insurance and COBRA coverage and benefits, discrimination or retaliation, and other benefits-related disputes, as well as claims for alleged fiduciary violations or civil penalties.
- Representing employers in the defense of claims alleging breach of contract, wrongful termination, invasion of privacy, infliction of emotional distress, defamation, negligence, and other state law theories.
- Representing employers in arbitrations and other alternative dispute resolution proceedings arising from employment contracts, SRO regulations, and other regulations requiring dispute arbitration.
- Representing employers in the defense of class actions and putative class action alleging unlawful employment practices.
- Representing clients in disputes over trade secrets thefts, violations of non-compete or non-solicitation covenants, breaches of confidentiality agreements, and other unfair competitive practices.
- Representing employers in union organizing campaigns and elections, arbitrations of grievances, and unfair labor practice charges.
Our attorneys provide these and other types of services to a diverse group of Fortune 500 companies, regional employers, and small businesses. In each instance, our goal is to understand the needs of our client and to provide solid advice, find solutions, and resolve disputes in the manner that best and most efficiently meets the client’s specific needs.
Primary Firm Contact(s) for this area of law: