Companies often struggle with incorporating what they see as new and/or different practices to increase the diversity of their workforce and the inclusion of diverse hires. This can be especially true for professional service firms, whose business practices are often decentralized and individually-driven – and not easily integrated with a common goal such as diversity. However, many companies and firms already have the skills and expertise they need to achieve the diversity and inclusion they seek.
Join Dixie Agostino, Owner/Founder of Switchgear Search and Recruiting, and Tom Vincent , Co-chair of the Diversity and Inclusion Committee at GableGotwals, to see how companies can improve their diversity and inclusion efforts – and how candidates can benefit:
- For companies and firms: Learn to use existing client engagement and development techniques to identify, recruit and retain diverse candidates, including
- Better identification of candidate strengths, interests, and aspirations in the interview process by structuring questions around company/firm core principles
- Incorporation of interview results into management reflective of new hires’ individuality
- For candidates, including students: Learn to anticipate interview topics and questions, and to present your background and experiences in ways more meaningful and relevant to employers, including
- Representation of achievements without downplaying, discounting or distortion
- Making the most of your interviews by connecting your strengths to company/firm needs
Students attending are encouraged to bring a current resume, to review in real time during the presentation.
Date/Time: March 12, 2019 – 4:30 to 6:00 pm
Location: GableGotwals, 100 West 5th Street, Suite 1100, Tulsa, OK 74103
RSVP to Melissa Pasha by March 8