Scott R. Rowland
Scott R. Rowland has over 27 years of experience in both state and federal courts. His practice includes a wide range of litigation matters including antitrust, business torts, civil RICO, contract, environmental, intellectual property, oil & gas, products liability, securities, trade secret litigation and class actions. He also serves as an Adjunct Settlement Judge for the Northern District of Oklahoma and as a private mediator of commercial litigation.
Scott has been named as an Oklahoma Super Lawyer and as one of the Best Lawyers in America in business litigation.
Examples Scott's experience include:
- Defense of large oil company in complex environmental litigation in state and federal courts involving hundreds of plaintiffs.
- Recovery of judgments and settlements in excess of $11 million on behalf of plaintiff class and over 100 individual plaintiffs in property damage litigation related to flooding.
- Defense of national recording artist in copyright infringement action related to authorship of multi-platinum, award-winning song.
- Defense of joint venture comprised of public utilities in Nevada and Montana against $34 million contract claim arising from failed fiber-optic project in Nevada and California.
- Lead Oklahoma counsel in civil RICO litigation arising from failed $1.2 billion utility merger.