Steven J. Adams
Steve Adams is a Shareholder in the Tulsa office of GableGotwals. He is a former Oklahoma District Court judge (1987 to 1993) and since 1993, has worked as a trial lawyer in complex civil litigation in state and federal courts and before regulatory bodies. Steve brings wide-ranging experience in civil matters, including class actions, energy, insurance, environmental law and commercial law.
Steve currently serves as a member of the Oklahoma Supreme Court Committee for Uniform Civil Jury Instructions and as a member of the Board of Directors for the Tulsa Port of Catoosa Port Authority. He is a former Adjunct Professor of Law at The University of Tulsa College of Law where he taught evidence and pre-trial practice. He is the former chair of the Tulsa County Bar Association Litigation Section, a former governor of the Oklahoma Bar Association Board of Governors, and a former member of the Oklahoma Bar Foundation Board of Trustees.
- Class actions including claims regarding oil and gas royalties, health insurance, property damage and groundwater contamination
- Represents business interests in negotiation and litigation with treasury and tax authorities regarding unclaimed property, severance and property taxes
- Represented an international oil field services and supply company and obtained dismissal of an antitrust case in the Northern District of Oklahoma which was affirmed after appeal to the 10th Circuit
- Indemnity agreements and contract rights of energy producers
- Stockholder derivative claims arising from sales of stock, assets and subsidiary entities
- Catastrophic injury claims arising from oil field operations
- Surface and subsurface damage claims arising from energy production and operations
- Breach of contract claims originating in energy joint development and operations agreements, aggregate mining and development agreements, and insurance contracts
- Antitrust and breach of contract claims arising from the sale of drilling fluids, supplies and services