Scott R. Rowland
Scott R. Rowland has over 30 years of experience in both state and federal courts. His practice includes a wide range of litigation matters including antitrust, business torts, civil RICO, contract, environmental, intellectual property, oil & gas, products liability, securities, trade secret litigation and class actions. He also serves as an Adjunct Settlement Judge for the Northern District of Oklahoma and as a private mediator of commercial litigation.
Scott has been named as an Oklahoma Super Lawyer and as one of The Best Lawyers in America in environmental litigation.
Examples of Scott’s experience include:
- Defense of large oil company in complex environmental litigation in state and federal courts involving hundreds of plaintiffs.
- Recovery of judgments and settlements in excess of $11 million on behalf of plaintiff class and over 100 individual plaintiffs in property damage litigation related to flooding.
- Defense of national recording artist in copyright infringement action related to authorship of multi-platinum, award-winning song.
- Defense of joint venture comprised of public utilities in Nevada and Montana against $34 million contract claim arising from failed fiber-optic project in Nevada and California.
- Lead Oklahoma counsel in civil RICO litigation arising from failed $1.2 billion utility merger.
J.D., University of Tulsa College of Law, 1985
B.S. in Mechanical Engineering, Texas A&M University, 1982
AWARDS & HONORS
Lawyer of the Year – Tulsa
Litigation – Environmental-2015
Litigation – Environmental
Oklahoma Bar Association
Tulsa County Bar Association