Ryan A. Pittman
As a former landman, Ryan brings valuable energy-industry experience and knowledge to his legal practice at GableGotwals. Ryan’s practice includes a variety of oil and gas matters including catastrophic oil field events, surface and subsurface damages and contamination, lessor-lessee disputes, induced seismicity and earthquakes, midstream operations, regulatory issues, oilfield contracts, and operator and interest owner concerns.
A 2012 graduate of the University of Tulsa College of Law, Ryan received numerous academic honors including CALI Awards of Excellence in Contracts, Property, Evidence, Legal Research, Legal Writing, Criminal Law and Administrative Law. He was a member of the Energy Law Journal senior staff, Order of the Curule chair and earned his J.D. with highest honors. Ryan received his undergraduate degree from Oklahoma State University where he played baseball for the Cowboys.
- Defense of operator in personal injury claims arising from a catastrophic oil field incident in North Dakota.
- Defense of oil field services company in antitrust action, obtaining dismissal with prejudice which was affirmed on appeal. TKO Energy Services, LLC v. M-I L.L.C., 539 Fed. Appx. 866 (10th Cir. 2013).
- Defense of personal injury action arising from oil field accident.
- Represented land broker in lease acquisition dispute, resulting in favorable settlement.
- Represented operator at trial on indemnity issues following a well fire and saltwater spill in North Dakota
- Obtained defense verdict as lead trial lawyer in suit involving dispute over oil and gas interests.
- Defended oil company at trial relating to dispute over oil and gas investments
- Represent salt water disposal operator in class action lawsuit alleging damages from earthquakes.
- Defense of operator in lawsuit alleging subsurface damage from hydraulic fracturing operations
- Represent developer in dispute over construction of apartment complex
- Represent large construction company in property damage lawsuits
- Represent operators and working interest owners in quiet title actions and lease termination lawsuits
- Defense of remediation company in lawsuit alleging damages from saltwater contamination.
- Represent midstream company in dispute relating to allegations of discriminatory gathering charges.