Kyle D. Evans
Kyle Evans is a litigator who represents both corporate and individual clients in a diverse range of commercial matters. He has experience in the areas of professional liability, healthcare, aviation, bad faith, breach of contract, class actions, negligence and business torts. Throughout his career, Kyle has regularly represented insurers in all aspects of the claims process from advising on coverage issues and claim investigations to defending against allegations of bad faith in a jury trial.
Kyle graduated with honors from the University of Oklahoma College of Law. Following law school, he served as a Judicial Law Clerk to the Honorable James H. Payne in the United States District Court for the Eastern and Northern Districts of Oklahoma where he managed a civil and criminal docket.
Kyle has been named a Super Lawyer Rising Star in Business Litigation for seven consecutive years, from 2012 through 2018. Kyle is also a graduate of Leadership Oklahoma City’s LOYAL Class VI.
Kyle’s recent experience includes:
- Obtained defense verdict for insurer and adjuster in jury trial with allegations of bad faith, breach of contract, and fraud relating to mold damage claim in the District Court of Tulsa County, Oklahoma.
- Successfully defended a dentist and his dental practice in a professional malpractice jury trial in the District Court of McClain County, Oklahoma.
- Obtained defense verdict for insurer in jury trial with allegations of bad faith handling of a medical payments insurance claim in in the District Court of Tulsa County, Oklahoma.
- Obtained summary judgment in favor of mortgage company in action involving claims of improper mortgage servicing practices in the United States District Court for the Western District of Oklahoma.
- Obtained summary judgment in favor of insurer on declaratory judgment action seeking resolution of coverage dispute in the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Oklahoma.
- Successfully defended individual client from claims of breach of non-compete and non-solicitation provisions of employment agreement.