Jeffrey A. Curran
Jeff Curran is a Shareholder in the Oklahoma City office of GableGotwals. His practice focuses on product liability defense, insurance matters, intellectual property litigation, and commercial litigation. He maintains an entertainment law practice, representing motion picture production companies, musicians, and recording companies in contract negotiation, licensing, and related areas. Jeff is a past Chair of the Defense Research Institute’s Automotive Specialized Litigation Group. He is also the former vice-chair of the DRI’s Automotive SLG, as well as the former Chair and Newsletter Editor for the Automobile Law Committee of the ABA’s Tort, Trial and Insurance Practice Section.
Jeff the author of Expert Witnesses: Automobile and Accident Reconstruction Cases, a Thomson Reuters publication now in its 11th edition. He has also written on various other subjects in litigation and commercial litigation, and has written and presented several lectures on professionalism and ethics.
Jeff is also a Certified Fire and Explosion Investigator.
He is a member of the International Association of Defense Counsel, the Federation of Defense and Corporate Counsel, the National Fire Protection Association; The National Association of Fire Investigators; the ABA’s Products, General Liability and Consumer Law Committee, Insurance Coverage Litigation Committee, Intellectual Property Committee, Litigation Committee, and the Entertainment and Sports Law Forum. He is a member of the DRI’s Product Liability Committee, Insurance Law Committee, and Trucking Law Committee.
Jeff has been elected to his second three-year term on the Board of Directors for the Oklahoma County Bar Association. In addition, he is a member (and a President) of the Board of Directors for The Children’s Center Rehabilitation Hospital in Bethany.
Jeff is admitted to practice in all state courts in Oklahoma, as well as the United States District Courts for the Western, Northern and Eastern District of Oklahoma, the United States District Court for Colorado, and the Tenth Circuit Court of Appeals. He has appeared as regional and national counsel for some clients, and has tried cases to verdict in several States.
Jeff’s recent experience includes:
- Successfully trying to verdict an injury case defending a large national retail business
- Successfully obtaining summary judgement for an insurance carrier in a major coverage dispute
- Representing an international satellite television company in various litigation matters
- Representing several major consumer goods manufacturers in various product liability-related matters
- Representing a motion picture production company in the negotiation of a large-budget motion picture production
- Representing a major pharmaceutical company in multi-state product-liability-related matters