Ellen A. Adams
Ellen A. Adams’ practice primarily consists of defending corporate and individual clients in a wide variety of complex business litigation in state and federal courts. Her practice has been focused on defending employers against claims of discrimination, harassment, retaliation, wrongful termination, and alleged wage and hour violations. In addition to her litigation practice, Ms. Adams counsels and advises clients on developing policies, procedures, and training, responding to complaints, handling investigations and other employment matters.
Ellen’s experience has earned her recognition as a Rising Star in Super Lawyers. She often speaks on topics of concern in the areas of employment law and general civil litigation. Her most recent speaking engagements include the 2017 EEOC TAP’s Conference on GINA (Genetic Information Nondiscrimination Act), Oklahoma Human Resources Conference and Expo and the 2016 Equal Employment Opportunity Commission’s Oklahoma City Technical Assistance Seminar.
In addition to participating in a variety of professional organizations, Ellen has also been involved in several community organizations over the years, including the Down Syndrome Association of Central Oklahoma (DSACO).
Ellen’s recent experience includes:
- Successfully defending an employer against a purported collective action for systemic age discrimination
- Successfully resolving claims against a Fortune 500 company for alleged violations of Title VII, Section 1981, the ADA/ADAAA, and the ADEA
- Providing advice and counsel on internal investigations, policy review, and related compliance concerns to employers and managers
- Assisted in obtaining summary judgment in favor of an environmental remediation company to recover the principal balance of a large collection debt owed since 2007
- Assisted in defending an oil & gas company against any liability in a jury trial wherein plaintiff sought to recover actual and punitive damages on his tort claim
- Successfully eliminated a nuisance claim through a motion for partial summary judgment in favor of a Fortune 500 oil & gas company.