Dennis C. Cameron
Dennis Cameron has over 20 years of legal experience and currently serves as Assistant General Counsel for WPX Energy. His practice with GableGotwals consists primarily of complex litigation involving energy interests including the defense of class actions. His practice includes commercial litigation with an emphasis in oil & gas issues, products liability and environmental law. Dennis serves as national counsel to a major oil & gas company on royalty, severance taxes and qui tam matters and regional counsel to two other oil & gas companies on similar matters. He also represents three major oil & gas companies on Federal and Indian oil & gas matters related to production throughout the United States and offshore. Dennis was selected as National Products liability counsel to an international tool manufacturer.
Since Dennis’ admission into the Oklahoma Bar Association (OBA) in 1987, he has won many honors including being named as an Oklahoma Super Lawyer and as one of The Best Lawyers in America in oil & gas litigation.
Dennis has been very involved in a variety of community organizations including The American Heart Association and Big Brothers and Sisters of Oklahoma.
Dennis’ recent experience includes:
- Oil and gas royalty disputes involving government, Indian, and private leases
- Oil and gas commercial disputes involving gas contracts and gas measurement
- Environmental matters involving superfund sites, private cost recovery actions, toxic torts and ground water pollution
- Co-author of “Preparing Now for Future Regulatory Impact” chapter in the book The Legal Impact of Climate Change, published by Aspatore Books
- Products liability cases involving automobiles, mechanical devices, pharmaceuticals, propane odorant, and product liability issues related to product recalls