Amy M. Stipe
Amy Stipe’s civil litigation practice includes work in the areas of class actions, complex contracts, business torts, insurance bad faith, oil & gas, and labor and employment. She represents large and small companies, assisting with their business and employment litigation needs. She also has experience with lender liability and aviation matters.
Amy has served as Chairperson of the Oklahoma Bar Association’s Mineral Law Section, President of the Mineral Lawyers Society of Oklahoma City, and is a master in the William J. Holloway, Jr. American Inn of Court. Amy is also an American Bar Foundation Fellow, an Oklahoma Bar Foundation Fellow and she has served on the Oklahoma County Bar Association’s Young Lawyers Division Task Force. Amy has been named as a Top 250 Women in Litigation by Benchmark Litigation and has been selected as a Super Lawyers Rising Star, Best Lawyers in America and Benchmark Litigation Future Star.
Amy has given presentations on legal issues to various groups, including the University of Oklahoma College of Law, the Mineral Lawyers Society of Oklahoma City, and the Women Entrepreneurs INSPIRE Conference. Amy has also served on the planning committees for the Rocky Mountain Mineral Law Institute and the Eugene Kuntz Conference on Natural Resources Law and Policy, where she also served as the program moderator.
Amy is also very committed to serving others in her community by volunteering her legal services for Oklahoma Lawyers for Children and by her involvement helping manage Edmond’s Cub Scouts Pack 341.
Amy’s recent experience includes:
- Represented a large retailer in numerous employment related class actions across the nation
- Tried an insurance bad faith case in federal court, representing an insurance company
- Tried a civil contempt case in state court
- Represented a property management company in a class action
- Tried a groundwater pollution case in federal court, representing an oil and gas company
- Tried an arbitration matter involving a dispute between two financial institutions
- Represented airplane manufacturers in airplane crash cases
- Represented an energy company in a pipeline strike case
- Tried an arbitration matter involving a contract dispute